Friday, January 16, 2015

Ceremonial Grade Green Tea Powder Review

My canister of tea came with 1 oz. of powder in a vacuum sealed bag, the tin to keep it in once the bag is opened, and there was a recipe book as well.



Organic Matcha Tea was decent once I read the full directions! My first attempt was using my Keurig at a 6oz. portion. Since the directions call for 3 oz. of water to 1/2 teaspoon of powder. Well I used a full teaspoon after my Keurig finished the 6 oz. of hot water. What I did not know and read far enough for that the water is best at 170+ degrees. So mixing it did not fully break down the powder. This left a bit of a grit type drink towards the bottom. I didn’t see much of a froth that the can mentions either.  So now I have messed up and actually read the direction fully! Again I used my Keurig at 6 oz. portion or water. Next, I put the cup of water in the microwave to get it to 170+ degrees. Then, I mixed in my 1 teaspoon of powder and whisked the water around for a bit. This time the froth that was commented on the can was there, not to mention when I got to the bottom I didn’t have powder crystals in the bottom.



Now for the tea! It is most definitely a green tea! It tastes very similar to chewing on a piece of alfalfa stem fresh off of the plant. Having this flavor though was not bad though since it was fairly mild. I could still actually taste the flavor of tea, where most green teas that is lost. I will say that this tea is A LOT better hot than cold. At cold the tea flavor gets masked and it only taste like chewing on alfalfa. Being a ceremonial grade tea it is expected to be served hot though. I would not make this a normal drink since it is fairly pricy per oz. of powder. It would be great for special occasions, parties, or maybe a date night doing the whole karate kid II type date.



I would like to thank KissMe Organics for letting me try this tea. I enjoyed it very much.



If any of my friends or followers are interested in this tea it can be found at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M27YOT2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1



Hashtag users: #OrganicCeremonialGradeMatcha